The major talking points after the epic clash of Liverpool and Manchester City in the Premier League was the rare blunder from the spot kick from skipper Kevin de Bruyne. For the Reds’ Klopp said the sheer bravery of his side in the game impressed him as both sides shared the spoils.
The Belgium international has been consistent over the years, as an assist chief, goal scorer and playmaker. However, De Bruyne was not as sharp as City clashed with Liverpool in arguably the biggest game of the first half of the season.
Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has opened the door for Sergio Aguero to leave the club in a similar manner to Vincent Kompany and David Silva. Kompany and Silva showed their commitment to the Cityzens with a decade of service and they eventually parted ways on free transfers.
Aguero, who is the club’s all-time goalscorer, has been fancied to return to Argentina for the final phase of his career and Al Mubarak has revealed that the Cityzens won’t come in the way of the marksman, should he opt for a fresh challenge, he told: “Vincent Kompany left when he felt it was right for him to leave and the same thing with David.
Raheem Sterling after the match against Liverpool said that Manchester City is in the process of evolving from their past mistakes and with the win against the current champions, they have started the next season. Jurgen Klopp’s squad was given the guard of honour by City in respect of winning the title after 30 yearsin Etihad Stadium where the squad encountered the second loss of the tournament. City decapitated the champions with the scorecard standing 4–0 with Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Phil Foden scoring in the game.
De Bruyne opened the score with a penalty and Sterling scored on 35th
minute as the first half ended with double scoring from City. On 45th
minute of first-half Foden added to the scorecard another one raising the goals to three.They had absolute power in the second half as they were pushing to score more goals. City was in good form and they created many chances to score goals throughout the match.
Leroy Sane will be completing his move to Bayern Munich as both the clubs have reached upon an agreement. The German club has agreed upon a deal that has the transfer fee for €60 million. The club will be initially paying €49 million and €11 million on add ons. Sane is currently on his last year at the contract and will be leaving to the club within 24 hours to complete his move with the German side and will not be playing for Premier League side in this season.
Sane will be signing a five-year contract with the club for €22 million a year and this is much more than what City has offered to the player. Theclub offered him an extension deal which was turned down by the player. They have the finances at doubts with the club has been affected by the COVID 19 pandemic.
Benjamin Mendy is readyto fight for the new number of assists with Kevin De Bruyne. He will be fighting when he is back to his form and will perform his best in the team. He was transferred to Manchester City in 2017 and since then he has been struggling with his fitness.
But despite all this, he has shown potential in attacking football. He has assisted four goals with 23 appearances before the football activity was suspended due to coronavirus. He has missed the beginning of the tournament hence less appearance in the matches.
Kevin De Bruyne is looking forward to staying in Manchester City for a long time. As per the reports, he wants to extend his contract and the only thing that is stopping him is the two-year ban from Champions League. City will be attending The Court of Arbitration for Sport on June 8.They have appealed against the ban by UEFA for breaching the Financial Fair Play rules.
De Bruyne doesn’t want to stay away from one of the biggest football tournament in Europe and knows it will be very hard to miss such a competition. He wants reassurance from the club that the ban will be lifted off and then he will consider the future plans in the club. City has assured everyone on the team the ban will be sealed off after the appeal.
Fernandinho is missing football as all the Premier League has been suspended from mid-March in England. Manchester City’s midfielder is now currently staying with his family in Brazil and the absence of playing football is evident in his life. The Covid 19 pandemic has killed 206,000 people all over the world and when the league will restart is unclear given the situation.
The Brazilian footballer is missing all the moments that he had with the team. He says that it’s not just about football but all the relationships he had with the teammates and the staff of the club. He misses all the morning chats they will have when they arrive in the kitchen and he is very much aware that this a very difficult situation for everyone.
Raheem Sterling cannot return to Liverpool even if he wants to. He left Anfield in 2015 under disputed circumstances. Even though he is one of the best players in the world it will not make Liverpool open a door to him once more. Liverpool has taken Sterling from the Rangers as a young player and given him the stage to show and develop his potential with good resources. Phil Thompson, former Red captain is sure that Sterling will not be welcomed to the club as he left it in such circumstances.
Sterling after his transfer to City has developed him to well-appreciated star. Liverpool was very much disappointed and wasn’t impressed with his move to the City. The striker had a lot of potentials to prove himself with his game in Liverpool but he rejected their offer to stay with the club. He, then, preferred to play for City and deal was rich with money. His decision was not at all welcoming to Liverpool even though he has improved himself under the guard of Pep Guardiola.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is confident that Raheem Sterling can recapture his goalscoring form during the final months of the campaign. The England international was in exceptional touch for the Citizens during the first half of the season and he managed to contribute 20 goals and four assists in all competitions.
However, it has been a different story for him since the turn of the year and he has failed to register a goal or an assist over the past 10 months. Speaking in a press conference, Guardiola said that he is not overly concerned over the attacker’s run of form and added that the Englishman was sidelined for a few weeks with a hamstring injury.
Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva has admitted that the Citizens have been hugely disappointing in the defence of their Premier League title this term. The Mancunian giants were fancied to secure a third-straight English crown this season but that appears unlikely to happen with a staggering 22-point gap between them and Liverpool, who are flying at the top of the table.
Speaking to reporters, Silva acknowledged that the current season has not paved the way as planned. He added that the Premier League defence has been a huge disappointment, given they have dropped out of the title race with plenty of the season left to be completed, he told: “The Premier League has been a huge disappointment to be so far from Liverpool and now we have to fight for the second position.